I’ve totally been MIA recently and I apologize for that! Major life distractions, but I’m back now and really excited to get back into blogging and sharing fun posts with you all. First off…
OKAY so my birthday was a week ago…haha yes, I’m late, what’s new…but I turned 27 (eek) and thought I would write up a list of things about myself. Some may be obvious or already known, but hopefully you’ll see a new fun fact or two here!
1. I was born in Abington, Pennsylvania. I lived in PA for 2 years, but I grew up in New Jersey.
2. The longest I’ve lived in a house was 10 years. I’m always kind of jealous of people who can say they grew up in one house and their parents still live in that same house. What is that even like? I’ll never know!
3. On that note – I’ve gotten really good at memorizing addresses because I’ve moved A LOT. Like, 15 addresses in the last 10 years, a lot.
4. I have two siblings – my sister, Lili, is 24 and my brother, Logan, is 21. My dad remarried a few years ago, so now I also have two young step-brothers, Blake and Mitchell.
5. I was a cheerleader for 3 years in high school and 2 years in college.
6. I always have a scented candle lit when I’m home. At night, I turn on my diffuser with a blend of essential oils. Right now, I’m loving peppermint + eucalyptus.
7. I took piano lessons for 8 years. At my last recital I had memorized a 7 page piece. Looking back, I wish I had stuck with it!
8. I LOVE cooking and baking. Banana bread is my specialty.
9. I could never live in a land-locked state. I need to be near an ocean! It’s the Pisces-water-baby in me. 😉
10. I ran two full marathons during my senior year of college.
11. My favorite color is light purple.
12. I eat a plant based diet. Originally, I gave up eating meat for ethical reasons. But over the years I’ve realized that my body just feels a lot better when I don’t consume animal products.
13. I love doing arts + crafts and anything DIY. I love having a creative outlet.
14. I went to law school but half way through I realized that I didn’t want to practice law. I still graduated, but I’ve since been working in completely unrelated jobs!
15. The song I currently have on repeat is Galway Girl by Ed Sheeran.
16. My favorite fruit is MANGO!
17. I went to the University of Vermont for undergrad..but, to this day, I still don’t know how to ski or snowboard.
18. I am obsessed with making lists (clearly). I find it really calming.
19. I was in a sorority in college (Alpha Chi Omega) and it really helped me become more involved in both my college campus and the town we were in.
20. I had to get 4 stitches in my lip after an accident during cheerleading practice in college. 7 years later, you can still see the scar and a little bump on one side of my bottom lip. (My brother recently asked if I had just gotten punched in the lip…nope, haha!)
21. I would love to write a book someday.
22. The only perfume I wear is Daisy by Marc Jacobs.
23. I didn’t leave the US until I was 24 – when I went to Costa Rica in 2014.
24. My favorite movie is The Departed.
25. My favorite book series to read over and over again is Harry Potter.
26. I have 4 tattoos. Most are in places that are relatively hidden, so you wouldn’t know unless I showed you!
27. The last few months of being 26 were some of the most stressful I’ve experienced in awhile. BUT it also made me realize just how lucky I am to have friends and family members who care SO MUCH and are willing to do anything to help me (and others) during tough times. I’m looking forward to seeing what 27 brings!
WOW. It’s surprisingly hard to come up with a list of 27 THINGS about yourself! I’d love to hear from you though – what is ONE awesome fact you want to share with me? Comment below!